If you have any question, please drop me an email (sonia9423@gmail.com) or Instagram @ sonianll

Saturday, July 2, 2011

Tiger temple and River Kwai, Bangkok Thailand

pictures from iphone 344

When i posted Maeklong Railway market, few bloggers said this place look scary. Let me tell you this place i going to post here even more scary, see Desmond sitting on a tiger !!


About 3 hours from Bangkok by road (depending on traffic snarls) the Tiger Temple was an eye opener. It wasn't really a temple at all, but more a wildlife park with Buddhist Monks and lots of animals. There were deer, wild boar and other animals roaming the large enclosed land. They have about 90+ tigers in this temple.


















Our tour guide brought us there around 1pm as this is the time that visitors are allowed to walk with tiger.

Waiting for the walk..

Tiger temple


Each one of us got a chance to hold the chain and walk with tiger, that was awesome!

Tiger temple



tiger just pee in front of us, hahaha..

Tiger temple


This place is for you to take picture with tigers...

Tiger temple



Tiger temple



My son Desmond look small if compare with this big tiger..this tiger must be complaint who is disturbing him for a afternoon nap, hehehehe..

Tiger temple


pictures from iphone 351


Tiger temple


If you want to take bath with tigers, just pay little extra money.

Tiger temple



This place is worth to pay a visit, I really doubt you could get this any where else in the world. I know there are other places you can get close to tigers but not like this, so close and we even can touch the tiger..Actually is quite safe here, their well trained staffs will follow you all the time..


River Kwai

On the way back to Bangkok city after Tiger temple, we stopped by River Kwai.

Our tour guide told us the history of River Kwai

pictures from iphone 365


River Kwai


pictures from iphone 373

18 comments:

Radhika said...

Simply Awesome. They look like pets dogs taking a walk. But thinking of the probability makes it very scary.
Let's Cook: School Break-Time Snacks

孤Owl的王子- Nick Goh said...

wow!! it is very cool!!! can so near with tiger..... :)

ann low said...

I never touched a tiger before. You son looks cool ^-^

Padhu Sankar said...

What you say is right ,there is no place where you can get this close to tigers .How it it they do not harm anybody .Really amazing .I enjoyed this post so much and I feel like going to that place.Great post and pictures.I loved the first picture .Your son is enjoying sitting on the top of the tiger .

Food Glorious Food! said...

awesome trip! I love animals !! Never been so close to tigers before!!! WOW!!

kitchen flavours said...

Wow, definitely a great place to visit! Even though the tigers seems friendly, I do not think that I have the courage to touch one! Hehe!

Ambreen (Simply Sweet n Savory) said...

I can't imagine being so close to tigers, but your kids are quite enjoying that. Wonderful pics :)

鲸鱼蓝蓝蓝 said...

我倒是没去这里哦:P

Somewhere in Singapore said...

I never get so close to tigers b4...

Jeannie said...

I saw this ciculating in emails before and have been telling myself I want to visit...looks so interesting!

Unknown said...

walau...satu lebih "kan-cheong" dari satu ah.......scary....

DG said...

Wouw ... very impressive about this, and Desmond is so brave!

ICook4Fun said...

My heart cringe when I see the pix of your children with the tigers. I don't think I will ever get that close to a tiger as not matter how tame they are, they are still animals.

Anonymous said...

Tigers are wild animals, and therefore should remain in the wild. People, please do not patronise such places because it only encourages such wildlife parks to capture more of these beautiful wild creatures and turn them into money-making attractions!If you have the need to walk or sit on a cat, do so with your house cat and leave the tigers where they should be - in the jungle!

Cosy Bake said...

Wowo,, this is so cool!!!! my son would love to do the same!

Nami | Just One Cookbook said...

OMG! You can touch a tiger?! Your son is RIDING on a tiger!? ^O^ You are a brave mom! Well I'm sure these tigers are well trained. But still...yeah I'm shocked! It must have been a great experience for sure!

choi yen said...

wow, ur kid so brave!!!

Colin Woon said...

Very exotic place! Definitely interesting.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin