If you have any question, please drop me an email (sonia9423@gmail.com) or Instagram @ sonianll

Wednesday, April 22, 2009

My first attempt in making bread

Researched done on few blogger on how to making bread and with my little experience on making pizza bread, this was my first attempt in making bread, the result turn out very good, the bun & bread was soft, fluffy and milky.


- "Chicken Floss" sweet buns

























































- Cheese Loaf ( topping with cheddar cheese and Italian herbs)












As I do not have a heavy duty mixer and bread maker, I made the bread by hand. It is not difficult as you thought.

Ingredients: (make around ten buns and one cheese loaf)
high protein flour - 350g
Castor sugar- 60g
salt -1/2 tsp
butter-2 tbsp
Yeast base- mix 2 tbsp of milk powder with 150ml of warm water, then add yeast 1tsp and leave aside till frothy (about 15mins)
1) Mix all ingredients (dry ingredients and yeast base) in a mixing bowl.
2) Mix into dough, knead the dough until elastic, smooth and non-sticky, about 10mins.
3) Cover the dough with towel, leave it to prove till double in bulk (normally about 1 hour).
4) Take out the dough and punch out the gas produced.
5) Shape and add fillings as desired, and arrange in a greased pan.
6) Leave it to prove again for another 15mins.
7) Bake for about 20 minutes in a preheated oven at 200 degC
The buns still soft even kept until the next day, but advise to finish it all on the next day since the bread did not add in any chemical ingrediants e.g bread improver, softener & etc..
Do try out this simple, healthy and delicious buns and bread.

13 comments:

Colin Woon said...

Your "chicken floss" sweet buns looks really really good! And the 1st time making bread?! That's very very good!

Sonia ~ Nasi Lemak Lover said...

Colin, I'm also really reaaly happy and buns are very very good, hehehe..For my first time..

Bakeling said...

Your bun making really successful because the texture of the buns look very soft !

Your blog will become more and more famous since they are a lot good stuff here.

Keep it up !

Reanaclaire said...

goodness me..!!! i really got to give credit to u.. those buns looks more attractive than those sold outside.. ok, wait till i hv ample time.. i gonna try..

米亚 said...

your buns look excellent! I like the chicken floss bun too! I have to say you have the real talent in this~ Can open a bakery now! Hehe~

twister said...

well done! sonia.

Nancymommy said...

哇...又一个厉害的咯...面包比外面卖的还要棒...看到你的面包,害我现在肚子咕咕叫.. :(

温馨小屋 said...

哇!looks great!我也好想吃一个哦!哦!不!两个可以吗?哈哈!

Sonia ~ Nasi Lemak Lover said...

米亚, open bakery? i dont think so, it wouldn't so easy, dream first.

Bakeling, Thanks for your support.

Reanaclaire, let me know the result once you tried

Twister, Thanks.

Nancy, you can try to bake it also.

Felvinc, your one definitely better than mine.

Christelle said...

Wow, these look rather perfect for a first time!!

Anonymous said...

Hi, I wonder why my yeast doesnt turn frothy when added to warm hot milk, does using "Anlene" milk powder matter?
Thanks
Jessie

Rebecca Saw said...

alws scared to bake..altho i got a bread maker, my first loaf was barely edible! LOL

Anonymous said...

I HV TRIED THIS RECIPE LAST SUNDAY, THE RESULT OF BREAD TURNED UP SOFT WHEN HOT , HARD WHEN COLD. I HV SAME PROBLEM AS FACED BY JESSIE THE YEAST BASE DIDN'T TURN FROTHY & OTHER PROBLEM, THE DOUGH DIDN'T GROW DOUBLE IN SIZE AFTER 1 HR, I WAITED FOR 2 HRS TO GET IT ALMOST DOUBLE SIZE. PLS ADVISE ?

Blog Widget by LinkWithin