If you have any question, please drop me an email (sonia9423@gmail.com) or Instagram @ sonianll

Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Lucas's Birthday

Yesterday 6th Apr was my elder son (Lucas) 9th years old birthday, and this was also my first time bake a birthday cake for him.




















1) Birthday cake (sponge cake)

- Lucas requested a chocolate cake, thus I added a lot of chocolate powder but the cake turn out not as expected ( hard and didn't expand, maybe I added too much of chocolate powder, or maybe I should add some baking powder).




















- No choice I bake another one, this time I didn't add anything, just basic sponge cake, it turn out very well.




















- This was my first time decorated a birthday cake, together with my kids.




















- I placed the failed one-chocolate cake at the bottom and good one on the top, the cake taste ok but a bit hard, maybe next time I should bake "Chiffon cake" instead, like Felvinc was doing.



















2) I also prepared some kid's favorite dish-fried rice, fried potato chips and chicken nugget, few red eggs (must have when birthday) and their favorite sushi from Jusco.




















3) Pineapple fried rice- learned from a TV show ( not sure the name, what" stylish man xxx).
The taste was very delicious and yummy.






Posted by Picasa

13 comments:

SueSue said...

Happy Birthday to Lucas. Look at his happy face. hehehe.. the cake is lovely.

Nancymommy said...

哇...蛋糕很漂亮也很可爱...Lucas生日快乐!我想他一定很快乐,妈妈这么用心为她准备生日蛋糕和一大堆好吃的食物....现代的小孩真是太幸福了..
有我们这群能干又贤惠的妈妈...hahaha

温馨小屋 said...

yeah! happy belated birthday to Lucas...
那蛋糕好可爱哟!你是位很棒的妈咪!

twister said...

welldone! emile, & happy belated birthday to Lucas...

Bakeling said...

Wah, Lucas has got so many things to eat ! He must be very happy as his mother prepared so many delicious food for him .

The cake and fried rice looks enak !

Colin Woon said...

Happy Birthday Lucas!

The cake looks good! It's nice to decorate the cake with your kid, get them involved! I like the looks of that fry rice, a lot of good "stuffs"!

Sonia ~ Nasi Lemak Lover said...

Dear all, Thanks for your wishes, yes, yesterday was Lucas most happy day..

米亚 said...

Very colourful cake, the kids must really love it~ You put in a lot of effort I can tell, cause normally I will force myself to eat it even if it is a failure and probably wont bake another one (save money~). But you did the right thing, birthday comes once a year~ so have to do the best! Happy birthday Lucas

Emily said...

Happy Birthday Lucas!!!

Ooh, with a made-with-lots-of-love birthday cake some more! Lucky Lucas!

Sonia ~ Nasi Lemak Lover said...

Emily and 米亚, Thank you.

cre8tone said...

Happy belated birthday to little Lucas

Sonia ~ Nasi Lemak Lover said...

Thanks Little prince's mummy

I am Princess Misha's Mum said...

wow .. so many food!!

Happy belated birthday, Lucas! Guess what, my daughter, Misha will be 9 this year,too !!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin